Friday, June 3, 2011

Hit & Miss

Well, the rain has still been doing its thing. Which is normal, actually, for this time of year. We, as a community, tend to forget this fact. We think because the calendar says "June" that it should be all sunshine all the time. But let us not forget all the graduations and weddings that happen with eyes cast on uncertain skies!

So this has meant that, for Arvin, this week has been rather hit and miss, work-wise. He's mostly worked days this week. He did work Wednesday night and was home by 5:00 AM. He slept maybe 2 1/2-3 hours and then was up the rest of the day, working some. Needless to say, he was very happy to be reunited with his pillow last night. We were laughing together yesterday because it seems like this new schedule is anything BUT a schedule. It is just work whenever, wherever, for now at least.

Anyway, that's the update for now. Not much to report other than it was kinda lonely without him the other night. I can see how that will be a long haul later. Oh, and there are a couple of events coming up this month where I am going to have to get the nerve up and ask someone to watch my kids for me when I have to go somewhere. I hate doing that. I just don't like asking for help. And I wish for my kids that they could just stay in the comfort of their home. But we do have some very wonderful, awesome grandparents and I know that when they watch our kids it's not just helping us out, but facilitating a wonderful life-long bond between them. So it's okay. I just need to get the nerve up to ASK. :)

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you :)
    I learn a lot from your life, thank you.

    ReplyDelete