Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dirty Laundry

Just a few minutes ago, I was folding a load of laundry. It was delicates. This included my um...delicates, of course, as well as a few precious contributions from my sweet daughter such as a sweater dress and a few embellished t-shirts that I wash inside out so they maintain their adornment. Today's load featured a special guest star. It is a highly reflective, specialized work shirt that belongs to my nocturnal road working husband. Yes, the fellas from The Village People would be jealous. It is an extremely visible neon green and has reflective strips to accent this fashion statement. On the tag, it actually tells you to wash it in cold water AND to only wash it 25 times. After that, it is done. You can no longer use it as a safety garment. I find that interesting. (Or as our daughter pronounces it, "insteresting".) I thought it'd be neat if they had a tag or tick system inside of it so you could mark the number of washings. I have no official clue as to how many times I've washed this shirt. I know it's well under 25, so we're good. I think. Hm....well, if you hear a story on the news about a brown man being used as a speed bump one night, then you might know what happened...his wife failed in her wifely laundry duties.





Anyway, my dearly beloved hubby was up after a pretty good morning's sleep. This time I think it was 5 to 11:30-ish or so. And he was sitting here watching TV while I was folding this load of laundry on the sofa next to him. I joked that his work shirt was so bright that the other clothes in the load were scared of it. We chatted about the limit on the washings and he said something to the effect of, "Yea, I try not to put it in the laundry to much. I think I've worn it like four times since it's last been washed, but last night, we were doing sewer work and it got dirty so I thought I should put it in the wash."





Ummmm.....sewer work????





Floating around with my.......delicates? With my sweet little daughter's sweater dress???





Really?





Niiiiiiiiiice!





Anyways.....other than THAT, things have been going quite swimmingly. I think we're getting into some sort of a routine. We're trying to plan our vacation for this summer. That is all up in the air still, but should have some sort of direction soon. His poor boss broke her ankle and has to have surgery tomorrow! :( She has to cancel her own vacation that was coming up soon. That's a bummer. Our vacation dates basically depend on whatever is agreed upon between her and Arvin....so stay tuned for scenes from the next episode of "As the Ankle Turns".

1 comment:

  1. Swimmingly funny! Loved this post! I can totally relate to the feeling you probably had when you found out about the "sewer work."

    ReplyDelete