Monday, May 23, 2011

So far, so good. . .

DAY TWO

So far, so good. Kiddos went to bed just fine and hubby called me at about 10:15 P.M. to say good night. Which was probably a good thing because I had allowed myself to get sucked into a very strange show on T.V. and the distraction was a good thing. ;) There is just really bizarre stuff on television! Anyway, sometime around 4:00 A.M. I was awoken by a strange man climbing into bed with me. I said, "Hi". He said, "Hi". And that was that! My alarm went off at 6:00 A.M. and I did my usual hopeful routine of getting dressed directly into my work out clothes so that I am more inclined to get them sweaty after taking the kiddos to school. Stumbled down the hall and my nose told me that the Coffee Fairy did indeed deliver, as promised, thanktheLord! ;) I wasn't certain my man of the night would make it out of the clutches of the blankets, so I started the process of assembling the school lunches that my kids probably won't eat, but we gotta at least try. Sipping my coffee, gathering ingredients, I had most of the bits & pieces out when he made his appearance. So I let him make the sandwiches and came over here to my desk to read a bit of the Word.
I love the apostle Paul. Sometimes he ties my brain up in knots and when I meet him I am going to have lots and lots of questions for him. But today he had left these words for me,


"Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again--rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think things that are excellent and worthy of praise."

Philippians 4:4-8 (NLT)




Thanks Paul. Thank you Lord. I sure needed that.


So we tag-team the morning, which is different for me because I'm used to getting the kids out the door on my own, but it's nice to share this part of the routine with Arvin. Thomas was excited today because he was going to surprise a friend with a very neat birthday gift. I love that he was excited about giving. It is one of the biggest thrills of my life too. Norah had peanut butter on her cheeks that I had to do that "mom thing" and lick my thumb and wipe it off before we walked her to her class. She has a substitute teacher today. But I know this lady and she is very nice and I know the kids will have a great day.


After coming home, Arvin got on his work computer a bit and made a couple of phone calls. I kinda tensed up a bit because this is where lines get blurred. With work, there seems to be few boundaries with Arvin. Over the years I have been very frustrated with how much of his time, how much of himself, that Arvin gives away. "When are you ever just "off work"? When are you simply "not available"? Are you on call 24/7?" I would ask. Again, I thought of what God had to say to me through Paul today....think on the excellent, praiseworthy things. THANK GOD for what He has done and He WILL give you peace! Sigh.....deep breath. Okay, Lord. I will chill out. This time. ;)


A bit later, Arvin asked if I wanted to go jogging with him. I groaned. I was having a hard time with the idea of even exercising at all, contemplating just letting my workout clothes remain April fresh. So he took our two obnoxious Labs out for a run, which they appreciated wholly. Meanwhile, I put away laundry, vacuumed and finally decided to MOVE a bit and put in a Pilates Walk exercise DVD that I had not done on a long time. It was good to move in a different way that I have been usually. It was not as challenging as my usual workouts, but I modified it a bit and got a good sweat in which I am proud of.


Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do what you don't want to do.


Arvin returned from his run and showered and then later around 10:00, I tucked him in with a season of our favorite T.V. show "Everybody Loves Raymond" on DVD so it could be just like "nighttime" and closed the blinds and left him alone. He's in there snoozing with the dogs again. :) I forgot to ask if he wanted me to wake him up! Whoops! Guess if he's not up by 5 or 5:30, I will go see if one of the dogs smothered him or what.....


So far, so good.....

No comments:

Post a Comment